Vacancy for Doctoral Researcher
The Department of Engineering, at the University of Nicosia, which offers programmes of study in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil & Gas Engineering, and Civil & Environmental Engineering welcomes applications for one (1) research position in the area of engineering. Depending on their qualifications/interests applicants may choose from one the following research topics:
- Biogenic gas generation and migration.
- Technical and legislative aspects of the delineation of the Cypriot exclusive economic zone.
- Investigating the ecological dimensions of marine oil & gas operations using artificial intelligence.
- Biomechanics of motor vehicle collisions.
The research project will span thirty-six (36) months offering the opportunity to holders to earn a Ph.D. The successful applicant is entitled to a studentship which amounts to a 50% reduction in tuition fees for a period of 3 academic years. Candidates must hold a Master’s degree from a recognized academic institution in one of the following fields: Geology, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, Biology, Electrical Engineering or any other related subject. Applicants’ profile:
- Undergraduate degree score of min. “very good,” second (upper) class, or GPA 3.33/4.0.
- Good computer programming skills, e.g., Matlab, C++, Python or other.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- Detailed curriculum vitae, copies of degrees and transcripts.
- Names of two (2) individuals who can provide letters of recommendation.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language.
The deadline for applying is August 15th, 2020. For more info you may contact Dr. Constantinos Hadjistassou at +357 22 842522 (or at Hadjistassou.firstname.lastname@example.org). For more details, please visit the Marine & Carbon Lab: www.carbonlab.eu Applications need to be submitted electronically at www.unic.ac.cy/apply and to Hadjistassou.email@example.com To download the preceding call please click here.