Vacancy for Specialist Scientist
The Marine & Carbon Lab— a research laboratory at the University of Nicosia— welcomes applications for the position of one (1) researcher in the area of energy. The focus of the project concerns the better understanding of the mechanisms of production and storage of natural gas and the utilisation of 3D printing.
The duration of the research project is 16 months. In parallel with the project the successful applicant can pursue a doctorate in engineering.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree from a recognised academic institution in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or another related subject. A desirable applicant’s profile must include:
- Undergraduate degree score of min. “very good,” second (upper) class, or a GPA of 3.33/4.0;
- Good computer programming skills, e.g., Matlab, C++ or other.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae, copies of degrees and transcripts;
- Names of two (2) individuals who can provide letters of recommendation;
- Evidence of very good command of the English language, and
- Cover letter.
The project is funded by the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation. Gross earnings amount to 1,634 euros per month. The position will remain open until it is filled. For more info you can contact Dr Constantinos Hadjistassou at 22-842522. Further details can be found at the Marine & Carbon Lab website: www.carbonlab.eu Applications can be submitted online at: Hadjistassou.email@example.com
You may also find interesting: